Hong Kong authorities are urging the public not to consume 6 Godiva ice cream products imported from France after these products were found to contain a banned pesticide.
On December 9th, 2021, the Centre for Food Safety of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department said a stabilizer used in the six products was found with a pesticide, ethylene oxide, which is not authorized by the European Union.
The 6 products with the banned pesticide are:
1) Chocolate Cheesecake Flavoured Ice Cream
2) Milk Chocolate Frozen Confection with Dark Chocolate
3) Belgian Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
4) Vanilla Flavoured Cocoa Infused Ice Cream
5) Caramel Coffee Frozen Confection with Dark Chocolate Chips
6) Strawberry Ice Cream with Dark Chocolate Chips
All of them have a volume of 100 milliliters, and are imported by Godiva Chocolatier (Asia) Limited.
Their best-before dates are:
1) October 31, 2022 and March 31, 2023
2) October 31, 2022, March 31, 2023 and April 30, 2023
3) October 31, 2022 and March 31, 2023 and April 30, 2023
4) October 31, 2022 and March 31, 2023
5) November 30, 2022 and March 31, 2023
6) October 31, 2022 and March 31, 2023
Consumers should not consume the affected batches of ice cream if they have bought any. The trade should also stop using or selling the products concerned immediately if they possess them. Members of the public may call the relevant importer at 3765 5818 during office hours for enquiries about the recall.